Wednesday, September 26, 2018

"It's Midweek and Time to Pray" Pastor Cindy's Devotion 09/26/2018


Good morning!  Welcome to midweek.  I hope this morning finds you filled with hope.  Did you see the full moon last night?  The sun rose this morning, bright and beautiful in a clear blue sky.  Anything is possible.  
 

Just a prayer today. 


Dear God,
If this day is like yesterday, I know there will be moments of joy and laughter.  I think back on each time I shared in laughter yesterday.  Thank you for those moments.  I pray that today I am ready for joy, prepared for goodness, ready to encourage. 

If this day is like yesterday, I know I will encounter challenging moments and challenging people and challenging decisions.  I pray for a courageous heart that in those moments I can be grace-filled and steady.

If this day is like yesterday, I know there will be moments when you will need me to be a disciple, when the world around me will need to feel the presence of Christ and you have claimed me to be that presence.  I pray that I can be the hands, feet, eyes, and ears of Christ.  That I can move in rhythm with your will. 

I know too, that today may be nothing like yesterday, that change may come roaring in, new opportunities, new people, rock-the-world events, small-did-you-notice-this events.  A day that twists and turns in unexpected ways.  A disrupted day of unscheduled intrusions. I pray, that if today is that sort of day, I pray I don’t hold so tightly to my agenda that I miss it.  I pray I can simply trust in you, surrendering to the unexpected, feeling your presence (and even your laughter) in the serendipity.  Always certain that this too is of God. 

Today, God.  Today.  You in every moment.  You in every breath.

I am off to begin your day. 

Amen.

Every blessing to you, today.  
Pastor Cindy

Pastor Cindy Hickman

West Des Moines United Methodist Church
720 Grand Avenue
West Des Moines, Iowa 50265
515-279-0826


Like us on Facebook or visit our website at wdmumc.org

We worship on Sundays at 8:30 in a traditional way and at 11 we worship in a casual way.  Either way, we would love to worship with you! 


This week at WDMUMC:
Tonight!  Midweek Refuel is serving up food for body, mind, and soul.  Supper is at 5:30 and baked ham and homemade mac and cheese are on the menu.  (Yumm).  Bible study, confirmation, youth group, choir, praise band, a Mental Health Study and lots of fellowship.  Come hungry!


Building a house!  People need affordable housing--so why not build one?  Saturday we are partnering with Habitat for Humanity and building a house (at least the walls of a house!) in our parking lot. Want to help?  Go to our website and sign up.  (Not a sign-up sort of person?  Just SHOW up!) 



And Sunday we begin a new sermon series, Earn. Save. Give.  Are you wise when it comes to money?  On Sunday we’ll talk about money and wisdom.  See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment